For ages 14+.
BGU Levels 1-2 is perfect for someone wanting to start coaching cheerleading, for coaches with 0 to 3 years experience or anyone who would like a refresher in training athletes at IASF levels 1 & 2. BGU levels 1 & 2 is also excellent for School teachers wishing to establish a cheer program within their School and looking to be trained. A Dance School wishing to add cheerleading classes and new revenue income to their already existing business. Whatever your reason levels 1 & 2 is perfect for someone with little to no coaching experience.
University students, this is the best course for you if you are thinking about starting to coach or to teach cheerleading.
Coaches will receive full instruction following progressions and safety techniques. All skills are demonstrated by BGU demo athletes during the course and coaches will get to see the skills as they would in coaching environment.
This 2 day course covers:
* Introduction to All-star cheerleading.
* Starting a programme & session planning
* Policies, Health and safety, Safeguarding.
* Fitness, conditioning & intro into nutrition.
* Routine choreography & competition score sheets, rules.
* Jump fitness and arm motions
* Level 1 stunts - Ground level, waist level, Shoulder level, ¼ twists, single leg and straight dismounts.
* Level 1 tumbles - Forward/backward rolls, handstands, cartwheels, round off, forward/backward walkovers.
* Level 2 stunts - Extensions, inversions, 1/2 twists, single leg & 1/4 dismounts
* Level 2 tumbles - Front/back handspring.
* Level 2 basket tosses - Straight ride.
You will be provided with a course book which contains all the material we teach. You also have the option to film the skills throughout the course.
This is a hands on course which includes practical assessment of tumbling safety/spotting skills. Throughout the course you are also assessed on your understanding and communication of the skills that are covered. A multiple choice/written test will be given at the end of each day resulting in a 3 year insurable coaching qualification. (*Please note coaches do not have execute any of the skills themselves. *Readers/scribes /extra time for exams available on request)
Levels 1&2 is open to coaches age 14 years plus. For coaches aged 14 & 15, certificate will go live on individuals 16th birthday. (*Please note, By law coaches under the age of 18 years must have an adult in supervision whilst teaching).